Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." --Roger Caras

Our dog, Sugar, passed away on Thursday. Grandfather woke up to find her in her bed. She peacefully went to sleep and didn't wake up. Sugar had a good life. She was over 15 years old and could no longer hear. She was not just my parents' dog, she was also ours. Sugar moved with me to Jonesboro and lived with us there until I graduated from college. She moved with us from Jonesboro to our first house. She was there when I got my first grown-up job. She then moved with us to our home. She was with us during many, many storms and because of her being afraid, actually clawed up our current bathroom door during one of them. She was with us when we found out we were pregnant. She was even there were Morgan came home from the hospital. We will truly miss you, Sugar!

We were very sad to hear the news. But, we know that she is in a much better place. Morgan had a difficult time and cried off and on after I told her. I just held her and we cried together. We prayed for her which really made us both start bawling! Morgan seems to understand that Sugar is in a better place where she has more energy and can hear the birds chirping! She knows that Sugar is with Jesus and they are having lots of fun in heaven!

Below is a picture that Grandfather took of Morgan and Sugar just last week! What an amazing gift! It was taken on his phone so it isn't the best quality, but it will be treasured!

Morgan, 3 & Sugar, 15

1 comment:

Lozada's said...

I had no idea that you had been posting blogs. LOVE all the updates. Of course I looked back all the way to last summer. I love Morgan's halloween costume. That was just too cute! Yes, it is art work on the wall. Used wire and nails. How have you guys been? Sorry to hear about Sugar. It's never fun losing a very important pet!!