Sunday, June 24, 2007

"Zoo animals are ambassadors for their cousins in the wild." -- Jack Hanna

While on vacation in Gulf Shores, I went to the zoo with Mom, Dad, Granna, Grandfather, and my cousins, William and Caroline. After rebuilding from three hurricanes, the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo was recognized on Animal Planet, in which a show detailing the zoo was created. It was entitled The Little Zoo that Could, which is now associated with this Gulf Shores landmark.
At the zoo, we got to feed the animals! It was quite impressive! I got to feed a reindeer, goat, deer, sheep, duck, fish, turtle, swan, and pelican. One goat liked the food so much that it took William's entire cup of food right out of his hand! The cup was stuck on over the goat's mouth until he finished eating! It was pretty funny!






I really liked seeing the monkeys! They are my favorite animal right now! When we are driving from our house to Granna and Grandfather's, we pass through the woods. I always look outside and point at the trees and tell my mom to "Look, monkeys!" I know that monkeys like to climb trees!
We also saw several beautiful lions and tigers. One tiger was cooling off by taking a bath! It was cute!

No comments: